Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy New Year!


Happy New year!!!!  Here we are, a new year with blank pages, just waiting to be filled.  2013 proved to be a very sad and trying year for my family and I, with the lose of My Father-in-law. I know he would want us to be happy and that is what I am hoping to do in 2014.  While I will never forget my FIL, I am going to try move forward and remember all the happy times we had together as a family.  I am also going to make 2014 a bit about myself.  With all of the stress of last year, I let myself go a bit.  I had lost 30 pounds in the beginning of the year and as my FIL got sicker and sicker, I stopped going to the gym, and started stress eating, and I completely gave up on my healthy lifestyle, as anyone who has dealt with weight issue, knows that leading a healthy lifestyle and eating healthy is a job in it's own.  It takes work, and planning, and I just didn't have it in me in the end, and I ended up gaining back all the weight I had lost.  So, I am not making any New years resolutions, I am going to just do my best, and try to get back to the gym and start eating healthy again, and I guess, I should stop with the Edys Ice cream.....LOL......

    So, I have a fun new card and image to share with you today.  Today is the first Saturday of the month, and that means Rick St. Dennis Freebie challenge.  In case you are not familiar with Rick St. Dennis, every month he gives a free image in his monthly news letter and then he host a challenge with the image.  You can sign up for the newsletter here, and check out all of Rick's amazing images here.  This months image is Baby Bacchus, which I used to create this very simple card. This image was super fun to color.  So, hopefully you are on Rick's newsletter mailing list and will join us, otherwise, you can purchase Baby Bacchus here and play with us.   Either way, happy Creating. I can't wait to see what you make :)

3 comments:

Monique's art said...

Hope 2014 will be a much better year for you and your family

I love the colours on the card you made. The fit the colouring of the image so very well. Very pretty

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

A very pretty card and our cute little chappy looks right at home. I hope that 2014 is a happier place to be for you and your family xxxxx

Michelle Quinno said...

Your coloring is amazing, Kristen! Hoping 2014 is a happier year for your family. I'm with you on trying my best to get healthier!