Friday, September 4, 2009

Inky Impressions Challenge: Happy Birthday



Wow, it's Friday already. This week has Flown bye. So, Happy Friday all. What a week it has been. My kids started school on Tuesday, and I started the semester on Wednesday. I thought when the kids went to school I would have so much more time, but my time still seems to be limited. How does that happen?

Anyways, Today's card is made for this weeks Inky Impressions challenge. Since September is Nicole's (inky's mama & owner), we are celebrating her all month (Happy Early Birthday Nicole). This weeks challenge is to make a Birthday themed card.

I have had this piece of scrap DP hanging around forever and I have been dying to use it (as I love it), so I decided whatever stamp I was going to use, it was going to go with this paper. I was determined to finally use this DP. SO I grabbed my Inky Impressions "Lili has a secret" stamp and worked away. I used this weeks Mojo Monday sketch and made it all work. I have to admit, my coloring isn;t the best here. I don;t love her res top, but I wanted the whole thing to match. I wish I had paper pieced the shirt, but it is what it is.


So, needing to make a Birthday card? Why not play along with the DT over at Inky Impressions. We would love for you to play with us. The more the Merrier.

Well, I am off to try and get some things done. The kids are off today. I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday weekend and thanks for stopping by today. It is really appreciated. Sometimes we get into a creative funk, but is always uplifting when you read such wonderful comments. So again, thank you!!!!!

One more thing before I go, it has been awhile since I have posted some blog candy, so stay tuned tomorrow for some "Booful" blog candy", maybe even a MS punch or something! Have a great weekend!

SUPPLIES:
Stamps: Inky Impressions (Lili), Sentiment (SU)
Paper:? from my stash
Ink: Memento black, Copics, ans SU taken with teal
Misc: Prima Flowers, gems,ribbon, Amuse red gems

9 comments:

Crystal said...

This is soooo wonderful, I just LOVE how you used this image for birthday what a great idea...your coloring and colors are WONDERFUL!!!! Fab job with the mojo too!

Anonymous said...

so cute! love red and she's so perfect for the surprise birthday!
Pam Going Postal

Pia said...

I love it Kristen, she is ready to yell SURPRISE! Great job!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute, I can't believe they are off from school already today!

Viv said...

This is a great card Kirsten... real good job! Love it.

Sharon said...

This is fabulous! I love it! The colours are wonderful and so is your colouring.

Michele Roos said...

Such a cute card Kristen. Love the way you've coloured in Lili and the papers also. Hope you're having a lovely weekend. Hugs Michele x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kristen!! I love your color choices and your use of the layout!! Fabulous!!

Kristine said...

:) LOVE this!! Super cute paper and sketch Kristen =0)